Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wear Anywhere Yoga Pants


Sew Everything Workshop was the first sewing book I purchased. I really like it. It has enough information for the beginning seamstress without being overwhelming (which, apparently, is something that I have trouble with). I loved how it walked me through choosing patterns, fabrics, setting up my sewing space, not going overboard & getting the "gotta-have-it-all" syndrome.
I liked the writing style, friendly without being fake. Before this book, I didn't even know how to thread my sewing machine. SEW walked me through it successfully.

The patterns are both fun & functional, rated from very easy to advanced beginner. These Yoga Pants were the first (and so far, only) garment I made for myself. They were rated for the 'Easy to Intermediate beginner'. And I'm not going to lie. I love & adore them. They were easy to sew up & seem to fit pretty well. It was on them that I made my first (and second) buttonholes. As I've mentioned before, they cost me $14 to make and came together in a couple days (you know, during the kiddos' nap times & after bedtime) so it was a nearly instant gratification project.

I sewed a size small & while they are a little long-that's how I like my lounge pants. So it's perfect. I like the wide legs. I think that they need front square pockets. And I'd love to figure out a different closure option. The drawstring is very versatile, but not super "public friendly". I just wear these around the house. Then again, though, I'm usually wearing jeans or a skirt when I go out. You won't find me at Walmart in a pair of flannel PJs. Just sayin'.

I used beige linen for mine & I'd like to make a pair of black ones with white top stitching for my sister.

2 comments:

  1. You are right, Jenna, this is a great book! It is my absolute favorite, especially because it introduces a new generation to sewing. I found the projects far more interesting than a lot of the other books I have read, and it is one of the best step-by-step books on sewing I have read so far.

    I wish I had gotten into the projects more because your pants are adorable! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I asked for, and got, this book last Christmas, and spent 2 days straight reading it! :D It's a great read and I'm always pulling it out for information and help. I haven't tried the yoga pants yet, but they look really cute on you! Good job. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...