Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Good deal!

I've been dying to get another sewing book (what?! I only have 2!) and I've been having trouble deciding between Reader's Digest's Guide to Sewing (a book I was too intimidated to buy before I started my adventures in sewing) or Fit for Real People. I've been stalking half.com & found a copy of the 1995 edition of Reader's Digest Guide to Sewing for $3!!! With shipping it came to $7.44 & it was rated as a "good' copy. Heck, as long as the pages are intact & readable I'd say that's a steal! So, we'll see when it gets here, but I'm excited. There were a few of the more recent editions, but from reviews I've read the '95 edition has more information (but editions prior to that are even better)
So, I'll save Fit for Real People for next time. I have yet to sew an actual garment for myself (wait--I take that back. I sewed up the 'Wear anywhere yoga pants from the Sew Everything Workshop) and I think maybe it's because I'd like to get at least an idea of what fit issues I'll come across. Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. I bought an old edition of Reader's Digest Guide to Sewing at a used bookshop for $5 (it's a 70s edition). I can't tell you how excited I was to find it. I haven't used it too much yet, though.

    I also have Fit for Real People, although I prefer Fitting Finesse by Nancy Zieman. I bought my copy used from Amazon.com.

    How did your yoga pants from Sew Everything Workshop turn out? I tried them a couple of times and always had fitting issues. I think I'll tackle them again though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I couldn't believe it. My MIL had a 70s edition of Readers Digest. Of course, I find this out after I order mine. Oh well. I'm borrowing it anyway.

    I'll have to try out Fitting Finesse. Not thrilled with FFRP, but I wrote a post on that.

    I really love my yoga pants. I'll have to take pictures. Honestly, I haven't looked them over too close to find fitting issues. I don't wear them out of the house, though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...