Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Progress at last!!

I am excited to say that not only am I caught up on the Crepe, but I've actually sewn ahead a bit!! I stitched the darts & attached the front & back bodice at the side seam. :)

It was actually another project that brought my sewing motivation back. I'll post about that in a day or two. 

The only bad news about the Crepe is that because of the fabric,  I really don't know if it will be wearable. It is so, so sheer. It might work with a slip underneath. Either way, I plan on giving my all to the construction process both as a learning experience & also so I can donate it if it isn't going to work for me.

As for the Pendrell...I am very excited to get started! I received my yardage from Hart's Fabric (a black silk/cotton blend) & yesterday I got the pattern all traced out. In the next day or so, I intend to tissue fit & possibly sew up a muslin. I'm anticipating an FBA & also a sloping shoulder adjustment. I may also have to grade it up in the waist. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are making progress! Things seem to ebb and flow for me, when it come to sewing. I look forward to seeing your projects!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...