Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pendrell Sew Along

Sewaholic is hosting a sew-along for her very own design the Pendrell blouse starting January 10th. And I think I'm going to join.



I must admit that when I first saw the design I just wasn't sure if it is something I'd wear. I usually shy away from shoulder accents. But the more I looked, the more the ruffled sleeve version called to me. Needless to say, I ordered the pattern. I know I don't have anything in my wardrobe like that now, but that's not to say that I won't.

I ordered the pattern, and I'm getting closer & closer to narrowing down the fabric. I have went back & forth & back & forth on whether to use a more casual (and inexpensive) cotton or to jump in & try something slinky! After a week of hemming & hawing, I've decided to go with a Cotton Silk blend (EUREKA!!) from fabric.com. I just have to decide on the color. It would be awesome if it matched my sweet acrylic tweed. Then I could make a matching skirt.

That being said, I may participate in the Pendrell sew along. Even if I'm a little behind, I'll definitely be referencing Tasia's posts for pointers.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to be one busy bee, with being a part of two sew alongs!! It sounds like fun, and the blouse is cute! One day soon I will do a sew along as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...