Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Today I will (hopefully) get the skirt underlining pieces cut out (more cutting! Ugh!) & basted to the outer fabric. I didn't do it according to Gertie's instructions. Nap time just isn't' long enough. Instead, I will be using the method that Tasia shows here.
I noticed that even with the underlining, my dress will still be quite sheer. It will most definitely require a full slip. Which I do not own. Which made me revisit the idea of sewing my own. I've been toying with the idea of creating my own undergarments for a little while now, more out of curiosity than necessity, mind you. But I'm quite certain I would save a bundle of money if I started sewing my own bras. Maybe some day. The half slips that I do own are very static clingy & uncomfortable. I think I will have to look into making my own in the very near future. Stay tuned.
Back to the Crepe--I'm incredibly anxious to actually get sewing on this thing. It feels like I've been working on it for ages (that could be due to the fact that I've already sewn the bodice, like, 6 times). I just hope I don't hate it by the time it's all over. :)