Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Labeled!

Ever since I started sewing I thought it would be neat to have labels to put in my garments--especially for gifts that I make.  As time has gone by, I've kept my eye out for label sources.

I came across Tags & Labels on Etsy some time ago. She has excellent feedback & is very accommodating when it comes to custom orders. Not to mention that fact that she was more than happy to do smaller quantities. There was no way I was going to order 200 labels.

I told my husband that I wanted to order some labels for the things I make. When he asked what they were going to say I responded, "I don't know yet. Maybe 'Stitches & Seams' by Jenna?" He replied that that was boring & I should do something like "Dance Pants". Initially, I thought that was hilarious. And though he meant it as a joke...I couldn't get it out of my head. So I ordered 3 sets of labels. Two that said "Dance Pants by Jenna"--one for my boy clothes & one for my girl clothes. And, for my own clothes & more "serious" garments, "Stitches & Seams by Jenna" (I thought I was so clever coming up with Stitches & Seams, but then Debbie wrote a new blog post & came up on my reader. Apparently I'm not so clever after all).

I had a terrible time getting pictures of the actual tags, so I just uploaded the graphics. I'm sure I'll have some "in action" shots soon! A friend of mine designed the 'Dance Pants" logo & the 'Stitches & Seams' graphic was a pre-made logo that I bought on Etsy.




1 comment:

  1. "S&S," how cute! I really like the logo too. It will give a nice touch to your garments for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...