Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Newest Member of our Family

 
Meet Jack Jack (that's what I"m calling him anyway, I'm sure DH will come up with a better name.)

He's cute, huh? I think so. Laila thinks so, too. But the little boy that I made him for, well he just shouted "I don't like it!" and ran away upon their first meeting. Which is strange since he welcomed his baby sister with such open arms. Hmmmm.Shawn is warming up to the little guy, but he's by no means anything special as of right now.

I made Jack Jack using the Mae doll pattern from Bit of Whimsy Dolls. I just left off the pig-tales (and eyelashes) & voila! a boy doll! I liked the pattern alright, though after purchasing it I decided that I undoubtedly could have drafted it myself. Oh well. The pattern pieces are hand drawn, which really isn't a big deal, but I expected something a little more professional in exchange for my $9 (the most I've ever paid for a PDF pattern). It came together really quickly (aside from getting distracted with other embroidery projects.) The only changes I made to the pattern was to embroider the face before stuffing the doll.

I will make a few more changes when I make Jack Jack's sister. I'll make the legs longer (simply to make it easier to attach them) and I'll turn the legs so the toes are pointed up rather than in. His sister will also be sewed into her clothes. I thought it'd be fun to make this little guy his own outfits...but well, ran out of steam. And to top it off, neither of my babies were ever this small. So, Jack Jack is a nudist for the time being.

I have this pattern to thank for introducing me to embroidery, as Jack Jacks face was hand-stitched by yours truly. Turned out pretty darn cute, just like my other kiddos, if I may say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...