Tuesday, March 29, 2011
I fought the Cardi...
.....and I won. But it was a close fight. Turns out the nipping & tucking was the easy part. I took the side seams in an inch & tapered to 5/8" at the hips. I took the arms in about 3/4". And all was well.
Then I had to decide whether or not I wanted buttons. For versatility's sake, I decided yes. So I moved on to the button holes. Which went beautifully. Once I figured out how to do it on my new machine.
Then came the buttons, which I sewed on by machine just to see if I could (I can!!!). After that I put her aside for a couple days & debated whether or not to take up the hem. Ultimately, I decided, yes. It needed shortening. So, being lazy & totally "over" this whole cardigan thing, I just folded the hem up again & stitched. Put her on and....the front centers didn't match. I mean, really didn't match. So, out came the seam ripper. And in my ripping fury I ripped not one, but two holes in my fabric. I just shrugged it off & kept on going. (After all, it is a knit so they won't fray. And they are rather inconspicuous.) I restitched the hem and...ta da! I'm declaring this one good enough. Wearable. Semi-well fitting, comfortable. Warm. And purple.
I'll be writing up an official pattern review soon, but I wanted to get this post up, so consider this your sneak peak ;)
You know, it's funny. I drafted this post yesterday before I took pictures and now that I've taken pictures & am posting them-I like my sweater even more. I think it looks even better today than it did yesterday. I must've been holding a grudge ;)