Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Toddler Backpack


I think this is my favorite project so far. I sewed it up before starting this blog, but I thought I'd share anyway.

This pattern was complicated enough that I feel like I really learned a lot working on it, but the steps were laid out so simply that I didn't get overwhelmed.

It certainly wasn't a project that I saved money on...the fabric alone (Michael Miller's Dig It & Clown Check) cost about $20 including shipping. Plus the pattern...yikes. Let's just say I never would have spent this much on a RTW toddler backpack. But look how cute my little guy is!! All in all, I highly recommend this pattern. People cannot believe that I made it & I get at least 2 compliments whenever he wears it. I can't wait to make more.

I bought both the pattern & the fabric from Etsy. I apologize for the so-so photography--Shawn doesn't yet quite understand the "modeling" concept & the backpack just wasn't the same just hanging there.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable!! You did a great job on the backpack! And Shawn is a great model, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...