So what happened? I tried on my current bodice (the one with the fabric fail). And I couldn't help but think, Could it be better? Could I do better? I decided there was only one way to find out. I looked over my Crepe notes (and posts) and decided what alterations to keep and what additional alterations I'd make.
What stayed the same:I took in 1/4" from the front pattern pieces
Lengthened the back darts 1 1/2"
Curved & shortened the front waist darts
New Alterations to 2.1
I got up the nerve to chop off my little cap sleeves & do a sloping shoulder alteration on both the front & back pieces. I figured, What's the worst that could happen? Worst case scenario I'll just go back to muslin number....four? No. Must've been #5, or muslin number 1.2. Confused?? Me too. After muslin number 4, I went back to my original muslin and tweaked it a bit.
Further ChangesUgh. The front waist darts look pretty sad. I don't know if it's poor stitching methods on my part, or if shortening them would be the solution. Also, I still feel like the sleeves are slipping off my shoulders, exposing my bra/cami straps. Which I hate. I may add a 1/2" to the neck line. And I may lower the sweetheart neckline.
At first I would have said, absolutely, i's better. But I've been pouring over my muslin photos, and I jsut don't know. For each muslin, it seems like one thing improves while another gets worse. The shoulder wrinkles for 2.1 look the same as muslin 1. This version wasn't was fitted, but it certainly is comfortable. I think I'm just going to have to bite the bullet & move forward. This indecision is driving me nuts.