Pages

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Spring SWAP

Rumor has it that Spring is on its way. I live in the Pacific Northwest, and don't anticipate "Spring" weather until May or so, but nevertheless I decided to come up with a plan for my next few projects.  I've found that creating "capsules" really focuses my sewing energies.

Again, I'm focusing on dressier pieces. Jeans & a t-shirt are my day to day at home wear, and though I do have hopes of branching out, I'm just not quite there yet.

I already have all the fabrics & patterns for these pieces. The pink skirt is in progress (along with a non-SWAP tweed skirt) and the geometric print top will be finished today. I love how it turned out.  The jacket is my 'branching out' pattern. It's a woven, and will definitely need muslining (and likely alterations) prior to the actual construction. It also calls for shoulder pads, which is something I've never done.

I ordered a Brother 1034D serger yesterday & it should be arriving next week; I hope to whip out Vogue 1314 as it's maiden project. 



4 comments:

  1. I have that serger! I love it. It is great to have a tee or sweater in an hour with it. There was. Learning curve, but it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome plan! I have that serger as well, and I LOVE it!! I agree about the learning curve, I think I am still learning it, but my serger is the best gift I received next to my sewing machine. I hope you love yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in as being a proud member of the Brother 1034D club!!!!

    I love your SWAP plan! Can't wait to see them all done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a serger so bad. Maybe for my birthday!

    I like the jacket. Shoulder pads are not so bad. Can't wait to see your finished garments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...