Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Simplicity 1467



I don't typically get really excited about newly released patterns.  I usually end up sewing patterns looooong after they've gained popularity. Some of my favorite patterns were voted "Best Pattern of the Year" in 2010-12. In fact, I think this is the first time I'm the first reviewer of a pattern over on PR.


But Simplicity 1467 was an exception. I loved it from the first minute I saw it. I love wardrobe patterns, in theory. But they always seem to be missing on component or another. I really liked all of the components this one had to offer. I bought it as soon as Simplicity patterns went on sale at Joann Fabrics & ordered fabric for it right away.

Pattern: Simplicity 1467-the blouse, view A
Notions: Fabric, thread, interfacing & two buttons
Fabric: Cotton voile from fabricmartfabrics.com. It was on sale for $3 a yard.
Size sewn: 8 in the bust (though I used a 1/4" seam allowance) and graded out to a 14 at the hips. It is a smidge too tight in the bust. I'll probably grade up next time. I also took the back seam in an inch at the small of my back.
Alterations/Design Changes: None other than the sizing alterations described above.
Likes: I love that it's sleeveless, but has plenty of coverage. I like where the neckline hits, I like the yoke. It looks great paired with pants & skirts.I love the little buttons on the back, too.
Back
Dislikes: None. I had my doubts about the facing, because I tend to hate them. But this was the first time that I'd seen the armholes & neckline both finished with a single facing piece. It worked out very well & doesn't seem to have the problems that I usually find with typical facings.
Time to Complete: Not long at all. I started this top while I was waiting for zippers to arrive. I had it muslined & everything within 3 days.

New Techniques: Just the fact that I used a woven fabric & everything that entails. :)
Total Cost: Pattern: $.99; fabric $5.  So, a $6 top!! Gotta love that!!

8 comments:

  1. I love this top on you! The fabric is great, and it looks like it fits you well. I went back and looked at this pattern envelope, and it does have a lot of nice elements to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color and the pattern are the perfect combo -- looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenna! I am missing you in the blogosphere! I nominated you for a Liebster award. Check it out at my blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI, I've enjoyed reading your blog too, and was nominating you for a Liebster award also! If you would like to accept TWO Liebsters, then hop on over to http://bravo-jack.com/ivegotaliebster/ ‎ for your second one! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I love your blog! I have just pulled this pattern pack out of my sewing draw and decided to make the top but have run into a big problem with the back neck facing being about 2 inches shorter than the back neck? I have double checked that I have the correct facing size for the body size so I am ok there. However I have noted that the paper pattern pieces also don't match? In order to get a size 12 back neck facing to fit a size 12 back neck I would need to gather the back neck? I am sure this can't be right as no gathers show on the pattern diagram. Your back neck area does not look gathered? How did you find your pattern pieces, maybe there was a mistake with mine? I would appreciate your comments. I have just emailed Simplicity to see what they say?
    Thanks - Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavens I have it sorted! I was treating the neckline pieces as facing and using the inside edge to match instead of outside edge! Funny how past sewing experience can overide a diagram?! ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    I have the neckline done but am unsure how to finish the armhole can you give me some advice please

    regards Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...