Back in August, a friend approached me to design and sew a custom bag for her--using changing pads from her favorite diaper bags. As you can imagine, there was a lot of planning. And since we were using changing pads, all the pattern pieces had to be just the right size. So I made a prototype & sent it to her.
It was just what she was hoping for, so we moved on to the actual purse. Here's the final product that I finished in December.
So, fast forward to recently & I had a request to make the same bag using different changing pads. I received the materials at the beginning of the month & I have finally completed another bag. This one has additional slip pockets on the back.
(The fabric used for these bags are from Ju-Ju-Be diaper bag changing pads. Both prints, Purple Paisley & Blue Bouquet are now discontinued.)
So that's why the blog switched over to "Sophisticated Seams". Though now that I'm back to focusing on sewing for me and not as a business I'm having a bit of an identity crisis.
|29 Weeks & counting|