|I got a little carried away in Photoshop. Just did away with the whole background|
I had originally planned on sewing this skirt to wear at our annual convention. Two (three?) months ago. It didn't go well. The fabric I chose (a lightweight home dec) was too stiff for the pattern and it just looked huge & bulbous. So I literally wadded it up & threw it in the corner.
Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I found a pin of this tutorial & was like "Hey! She used Home Dec fabric for her pleated skirt!" So I dismantled my skirt, pressed it, hacked off a good 8-9 inches from each piece (front & back) to match the dimensions the tutorial gave, and voila! I had planned on cutting a new waistband, but the waistband from the original pattern actually fit!
|I stitched the CB pleat closed so it would lay nicely|
Fabric: Premier Prints Polka Dots Twill
Notions: Thread, 2 hooks & eye, zipper
Size sewn: 10
Alterations/Design Changes: I took in the side seams 8-9" to reduce the overall volume
Likes: The lapped waistband (but that was almost the only thing I kept from the design)
Dislikes: The result was too voluminous for the fabric I chose.
Time to Complete: For.Ev.Er. But not due to the pattern.
New Techniques: Blind hem by machine (which turned out great!) lapped zipper.
Total Cost: A little under $20.