Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Minoru fabric choice



Left: Organic Canvas Cotton from fabric.com  Right: Magenta Pink Stretch Twill from FFC
I ordered 2 different fabrics for my Minoru. I never do that. But I wasn't positive either was what I wanted. I ordered on the same day, moments apart, and of course, my fabric from fabric.com arrived a week earlier than that from Fashion Fabrics Club.

Once I received the twill (from FFC) though, I was glad that I had waited to cut into my fabric. The canvas looks quite dull compared to the twill. But what really sold me on the twill was the price. The Organic Canvas Cotton cost $40 while the twill was a steal at $18 (including shipping). 

Since my sewing room makeover put a halt to all sewing for a couple weeks, I'm really looking forward to getting started on this! As it turns out, Pattern Review's Lined Jacket Contest starts today, so I'll be able to participate in that, too! There seems to be a number of us who are planning on sewing Minorus.

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I like how bright the twill is. Although the canvas looks nice too, depends on what you're going for.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...