Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

SWAP: The Maternity Edition

I'll admit; sewing with a plan isn't something I'm good at sticking to. There's always another project that gets thrown in the rotation, but this time I've even shopped my stash. I've tried to find a color scheme that will mix & match nicely. And by golly, I think I've got it.

Swatches 1-6 are for skirts. I'm going to try to see if quilting cottons will work. Two of the six fabrics are already in my stash. :) I'm not completely sold on #4...we'll see. Number 2 is my favorite as it matches virtually all the tops I have in mind. :)
3. Stashed floral linen
5. Lightweight stretch twill
6. Stashed solid black linen

Swatches 7-11 are solid knits for tops.  I already have 8,10, & 11 in my stash. In fact, the light blue is already sewn up (but not photographed/blogged/reviewed)! 

So that's the plan. The skirts should all be fast projects. Like an afternoon each. What I really need to get sewing is the tops. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the choices you have shown. The skirts will go fast and I can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a pretty spring palette! And I love the light blue fabric! In fact, they all blend nicely. Though I'm excited about what you are sewing, I must admit I am secretly hoping for a belly shot ; )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...