Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Toddler Dress Clothes--Finished!


My little guy (and my big guy for that matter) wear suits a lot (well, it doesn't seem a lot to us, but compared to most guys--I suppose it is.) We attend Christian meetings twice a week & work in our ministry 1-2 every week, so my little boy wears a lot of suits.  Typically, his dress clothes consist of slacks & a button down shirt, sometimes with a suit jacket or vest.


Needless to say, my boy is growing like a weed.  And buying new suits gets expensive. They are hard to find in the first place, and he's getting out of the sizes where they sell "sets" with pants, vest, shirt & tie.  So I made it my mission to find patterns for my little guy.


The pants were easy. The extremely talented (and generous!) Dana from MADE has been so kind as to share a pattern for kid pants. I've sewn these up twice now (both with a flat front) and I love how they fit. The legs are slim & make my little guy look oh so grown up! Not to mention her instructions are easy to follow & straight forward. Thanks Dana!

Finding a vest was more challenging. I spent quite a bit of time trying to find resources on-line for toddler suit vests.  I did find one helpful tutorial that explained how to draft your own vest from a dress shirt. That was very helpful, but I really prefer patterns at this point in my sewing.  They make me less nervous.  Anyway, I came across this vest pattern from Jocole on Etsy. And we all know how much I love PDF patterns. I didn't hesitate before buying it.


And I'm glad I did. It's a reversible pattern, but I used the same fabric for both sides. Next time I'll use a satin lining to make it even more RTW.  I love the end results & will be sewing more little suits very soon. :)

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Available in a variety of styles and beautiful, neutral colorways, our diaper bag https://lulibebeus.com/
      is the ultimate essential to have at your side as you walk through motherhood—and we’re not the only ones that think so! The Luli BebĂ© Monaco bag is a top recommended baby shower item, Nordstrom Best Seller, and BabyList favorite!

      Delete
  2. Oooh he's so cute in that suit with that little vest! I NEED a boy to sew for! I can't put DD in a suit with bowtie and all (I guess I could but she'll wear dresses over pants any day!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...